How to Start Import and Export Business in Malaysia
How To Start Import and Export Business in Malaysia
From importing the latest fashions to exporting home fixtures, the international trade business will take you all over Asia and into all product niches. International trade is one of the hottest industries of the new millennium. With a staggering list of products that you might never imagine as global merchandises, the industry is a fair game for the savvy traders. They will have these products bought, sold, represented and distributed somewhere targeting the Asian markets on a daily basis.
The program of ASEAN integration presents an open door to a young and untapped market of 630 million population. Starting an import and export business in Malaysia becomes more and more rewarding, both in terms of profit and tax efficiency with Labuan low tax structure of only 3% net profit. It is a huge market and most of the market is still underdeveloped, the multitude of opportunities waiting for you!
Labuan Company is perfect for import and export business in Malaysia, with these main reasons:
- It is a business international entity offers low tax regime and easily manage, located within ASEAN region
- You can stay in Malaysia + business be protected by Malaysian law
- Cost is affordable compare to Hong Kong and Singapore companies
There are many types of Import/Export Businesses you can explore:
- Becoming an export management company (EMC): An EMC handles export operations for a domestic company that wants to sell its product overseas but doesn’t know how. The EMC does it all by hiring dealers, distributors and representatives; handling advertising, marketing, and promotions; overseeing marketing and packaging or re-packaging, arranging to ship, and sometimes arranging to finance. EMC may have its own brand of merchandises to sell and seek out the right buyers.
- Becoming an export trading company (ETC): An ETC identifies what foreign buyers want to spend their money on and source the right domestic suppliers who are willing to export. An ETC sometimes takes the title to the goods and sometimes works on a commission basis.
- Becoming an import/export merchant: This international entrepreneur is usually a free agent, has no specific client base, and doesn’t specialize in any one industry or line of products. Instead, he purchases goods directly from a domestic or foreign manufacturer and then packs, ships and resells the goods on his own. He assumes all the risks as well as all the profits.
- Becoming a manufacturer’s representative: a salesperson who specializes in a type of product or line of complementary products; for example, home electronics: televisions, radios, CD players and sound systems. He often provides additional product assistance, such as warehousing and technical services.
- Becoming a distributor or wholesaler: a company that buys the product you’ve imported and sells it to a retailer or other agent for further distribution until it gets to the end user.
- Becoming a representative: a savvy salesperson who pitches your product to wholesale or retail buyers, then passes the sale on to you; differs from a manufacturer’s representative in that he doesn’t necessarily specialize in a particular product or group of products.
Send us your enquiry today to find out if Labuan entity is suitable to meet your business objective or call us at +603 27839191 (Labuan Division) for an appointment in Kuala Lumpur office
Trade Without Barriers
Tap into ASEAN Market Through Labuan
Labuan Blockchain and Crypto
Labuan Wealth Planning
Labuan Tax Matters
We are offshore and onshore business advisory expert to assist you in your business set up in Malaysia!
Get advantage being our clients to have free to access for complete advise from us on latest regulations, updates and requirements for your business and residency opportunities in Malaysia anytime, anywhere!
For everything about business investment in Malaysia for foreigners as well as onshore business business expertise, check out our complete information at www.MalaysiaBizAdvisory.com